- For international students with recommendation from HUE-approved Japanese language schools.
- Applications to multiple academic departments are not possible with this examination.
|Faculty of Economics||Student Capacity|
|Department of Economics||2 from approved Japanese language schools|
|Department of Business Administration|
|Department for Information system in Business|
|Department of Media Business|
|Department of Sport Business Administration|
- （1）Applicants must be foreign nationals who have completed 12 years of continuous education in a country other than Japan, or who have attained the level of academic ability required by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- （2）Applicants who have attend an advanced course of a training college (Senshu Gakko) (a course of three years or more or one that has been approved by MEXT) and have completed the program according to the requirements provided by MEXT and have completed the program by March 31, 2017.
- （3）Applicants who have attained a International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Baccalaureate or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will attain one of the above by March 31, 2017, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
- （4）Applicants who have completed 12 years of continuous education given by any educational organizations accredited by international accreditation bodies (WASC, ACSI, CSI) designated by the Minister of Education, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT); or who will complete by March 31, 2017, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
- （5）Applicants who by having taken a separate school entrance examination are deemed to have an educational level equivalent to that of a high school graduate, and who have reached the age of 18 years.
- Applicants must have taken the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination and one other examination (either the “Japan and the World” Examination or the Mathematics Examination) administered by JASSO. Those who have taken the examinations must have the following score(s) to apply:
(1)250 points or over on the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination”;
(2)a minimum of 200 points on the “Japanese as a Foreign Language” Examination and a minimum of 140 points on either the “Japan and the World” or “Mathematics.” *Free choice of test language
- Applicants who have attended HUE-approved Japanese language schools, and are of outstanding character, have a strong desire for the admission to HUE, and are highly recommended by the principal of the school attended.
- Applicants who have resided in Japan for at least six months before the date of the entrance examination, and who are scheduled to graduate from (expected to complete their course studies at) a Japanese language school by March 31, 2017.
- Applicants must enroll into the program if admitted, and fully commit themselves to their studies in order to become a future bridge between Japan and their home countries.
|Application Period||From Dec 20 (Tue), 2016 to Jan 5 (Thu), 2017
(Applications must be delivered by Jan 5 (Thu), 2017.)
|Examination Date||Jan 7 (Sat), 2017|
|Examination Site||Hiroshima University of Economics|
|Announcement of Results||Jan 12 (Thu), 2017 at 5pm|
|Admission Procedures||Deadline for payment of admission fee: Jan 26 (Thu), 2017
Deadline for payment of tuition fee: Feb 28 (Tue), 2017
- (About the tuition fee reduction and exemption system)
- International students from affiliated schools who pass this examination may, from amongst the required fees for the first year, apply for exemption from paying the tuition fees.
- Based on interview, documents submitted and EJU score. (Two subjects, including Japanese)
*Students applying from Japanese Language Schools will be required to submit a record of attendance (80% attendance rate is required)
Mail the following required documents to:
Hiroshima University of Economics, Office of International Exchange
5-37-1 Gion, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima, 731-0192
Send by: January 5 (Thu), 2017Documents to be submitted
(Applications postmarked on the due date will be accepted)
- Application form (form prescribed by HUE)
- Test Registration Card (form prescribed by HUE)
- Letter of recommendation from the principal of the Japanese language school currently enrolled in (form prescribed by HUE)
- Certificate of graduation and academic transcript from the educational institution in home country most recently enrolled in (NB Photocopies NOT accepted)
- Graduation certificate, or certification of prospective graduation, and academic transcript from Japanese language school currently enrolled in.
*An academic transcript is required listing academic record and attendance record for each year.
- Transcript of EJU (photocopy is accepted)
A transcript only of the JASSO-administered EJU will be accepted.
* Transcripts only from 2015 and 2016 will be accepted. Only one transcript will be accepted from candidates who sat the examination more than once.
- Health certificate *Please make sure that the certificate covers: 1. Your name, 2. Birth date, 3. sex, 4. Height and Weight, 5. Visual acuity, 6. X-ray check result and 7. Doctor's findings. The certificate issued before April 2016 will NOT be accepted.
- Certificate of alien registration
- （1）Must have been issued within the last 3 months by the public office in your locale.
- （2）Please specify Status of Residence and Authorized Period of Stay.
- Photocopy of passport
* Photocopies of all pages bearing entries are required.
- Applications shall be accepted only by post. (Applications postmarked on the due date will be accepted)
- Entrance Examination Fee: 30,000 yen
* Please transfer the fee from any bank (except the post office) to HUE using the prescribed form from HUE.
- The identification numbers of successful applicants will be posted on the bulletin board at the Office of International Exchange in HUE. Results will be also available on our website: http://www.hue.ac.jp
- Notification of results sent by express mail.
- After announcement at HUE, the results will be conveyed to each Japanese language school.
* HUE will not accept telephone inquiries regarding results.